Every Year We Help Hundreds of Women Just Like You.
Hello, I’m Dr Ryan McWhorter. I am a family care physician who specializes in helping women to overcome pelvic pain and sexual problems.
After helping hundreds of women, I am confident I can help you too.
I am amazed by all the advancement of modern medicine, whether it involves relieving severe joint pain, reversing cardiac disease, new options for cancer support, eliminating urinary incontinence, or improving erectile dysfunction.
Each day I am learning new and exciting ways to assist women in overcoming pain, restoring and maintaining the healthy lifestyle they want. Helping women to heal is a true passion for me and my team.
About Dr McWhorter
After graduating with honors from Auburn University at Montgomery, Dr. McWhorter received his medical education at the University of Alabama School of Medicine at Birmingham (UAB), graduating in 1994. In medical school, he was awarded the G. Gayle Stephens Award for Excellence in Communication and the Mutual Assurance Award for Excellence in Family Medicine.
Medical Certification & Licensure
Dr. McWhorter is certified to practice Family Medicine by the American Board of Family Medicine and is licensed to practice medicine by the State of Alabama.
Dr. McWhorter is a member in good standing with the American Board of Family Medicine, American Academy of Family Physicians, The Institute of Functional Medicine, Cellular Medicine Association (CMA), Bale & Doneen Method / Practice, Klinghardt Academy, Medical Association of the State of Alabama, I.A.S.I.S Certification, and Sciton JOULE Aesthetic Practitioner.
Dr. McWhorter attends 50 hours of continuing education in the medical field each year in order to maintain the Family Medicine Board Certification and licensure.
Alternative Studies, Conferences & Certifications
Dr. McWhorter also pursues additional education in alternative studies as taught by leading M.D.’s, because he is searching for the best healthcare has to offer, and he knows the way we’ve always done it does not always provide optimal care for the patient. In medical school, he was told advances in medicine would overshadow many of the things he was then being taught, and he would always need to keep up with new and better ways to treat his patients.
With this in mind, Dr. McWhorter seeks to learn all he can about new and emerging treatments by attending training sessions and conferences across the country.
- Bale and Doneen Preceptor Course for Advanced Cardiac Prevention, Lubbock, Texas, and Sedona, Arizona
- Testosterone Pellet Insertions for Women with Mark E. Richards, M.D., Washington, DC
- Curing the Incurables with Simon Yu, M.D., St. Louis, Missouri
- Detox Summit with Kenneth Bock, M.D., New York City, New York
- Weight Loss, Xymogen, New York City, New York
- Applying Functional Medicine in Practice with Mark Hyman, M.D., Austin, Texas
- Detox Advanced Practice Module, Denver, Colorado
- Energy Advanced Practice Module, Dallas, Texas
- Cardiometabolic Advanced Practice Module with Mark Houston, M.D., Atlanta, Georgia
- Immunology Advanced Practice Module
- GI Advanced Practice Module
- Hormone Advanced Practice Module
- Energy and Movement IFM Annual Conference with Mark Hyman, M.D.
- Annual International Conference of The Omics Revolution Nature and Nurture, Austin, Texas
- Brain Neuroplasticity IFM Annual Conference with David Perlmutter, M.D. and Anat Baniel “Neuromovement”
- European Injections Academy, Bastyr Univ. with Dietrich Klinghardt, M.D., Ph.D., Seattle, Washington
- Autonomic Response Testing I, II, Bastyr Univ. with Dietrich Klinghardt, M.D., Ph.D., Seattle Washington
- Reversing Alzheimer’s with Dr. Dale Bredeson, Pasadena, California
- IAOMT (International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology) with Thomas Levy, M.D. and David Brownstein, M.D., Atlanta, Georgia
- Ozone Therapies Group on Cellulitis, Varicose Veins, Hair Restoration with Marcelo Valio Day, M.D., Las Vegas, Nevada
- Cancer Treatment Center for America CME, Atlanta, Georgia
- Real Health Conference / Lancaster Agriculture with Dr. Sally Fallon, Lancaster, Pennsylvania
- The Science of Obesity Webinar
- Healing the Gut Webinar
- Vampire Face Lift® and BreastLift® Certification with Charles Runels, M.D.
- Hair Loss Restoration using PRP Certification with Charles Runels, M.D.
- O-Shot® for Urinary Incontinence, Sex Response in Women with Charles Runels, M.D.
- P-Shot® for ED Reversal in Men Certification with Charles Runels, M.D.
- Mastering the Thyroid with Drs. Datis Kharrazian and Stephen Noseworthy, Atlanta, Georgia
- Ozone Therapies Group Tips and Pearls with Frank Shallenberger, M.D. and Michael Gerber, M.D., Las Vegas, Nevada
- Ozone Without Borders, Aruba
- Foundation of Nutritional Therapy
- Harper Restoration System, Atlanta, Georgia
- Advanced Sciton Training and BBL, Atlanta, Georgia
- International Society for the Study of Women’s Sexual Health, Atlanta, Georgia
All staff are very professional but at the same time very personable. You feel like your well being is their main concern.
When my husband and I decided it was time to start planning for a family, Dr. McWhorter had many helpful recommendations of how to prepare for conception and pregnancy.
Excellence. Dr. McWhorter and his staff is very attentive and top-notch when it comes to difficult-to-treat cases. Thank you for all you do.
Doc ask how it was feeling while I did my bike riding on the table.....Delicious, was my answer.
He is continually researching, learning, and developing his skill and knowledge for the benefit of his patients.
Kegel exercises merely involve clenching and releasing your muscles 10 to 15 times, about three times daily. Although this solution seems simple and effective, getting the results you want may not be that easy.
Women typically experience sexual dysfunction because of three main reasons - pregnancy and delivery, aging, and medical conditions. Any of these causes can result in difficulty in achieving orgasm or even, being unable to have intercourse. The O-shot is a...
Incontinence after a vaginal delivery can be controlled with the right guidance and therapy. Talk to your doctor and ask for advice on how to manage the condition.
Enjoyable sex after age 70 is possible with the right treatment. Discuss your options with your doctor and regain intimacy with your partner and with it, good health.
Many women end up resenting their partners for making demands on their bodies and not understanding their fears and discomfort
Making a few lifestyle changes can help you avoid aggravating the condition and preventing Interstitial Cystitis symptoms.
Request A Phone Consultation
diVa Laser Vaginal Therapy is a revolutionary non-surgical treatment option ideal for pre- and postmenopausal women suffering from:
- Vaginal dryness
- Painful intercourse
- Vaginal laxity (stretching of the vaginal canal and surrounding tissues due to childbirth)
- Stress urinary incontinence
- Mild pelvic organ prolapse
- Many Other Pelvic Disorders